To learn more about scholarship opportunities, click on Scholarship Information.
"Thank you so much for this opportunity! It is an honor to get the scholarship."
"I just wanted to write a quick note to say thanks again for the scholarship to attend the meeting. I have learned so much and really feel that this experience will impact my education and my future practice."
"I would like to thank the Current Concept Foundation for this generous support."
A limited number of scholarships will be awarded to qualifying applicants to attend a Current Concepts in Joint Replacement (CCJR) meeting. These meetings are the largest of their kind and are held bi-annually in Orlando, Florida and Cleveland, Ohio. The CCJR meeting offers a unique learning opportunity to enhance one’s residency training and provide state-of-the-art exposure in joint arthroplasty. The scholarships are in the amount of $1,000 each and are to be utilized to help defray the costs of registration, hotel, and travel.
December 12-15, 2018
Application Deadline: September 24, 2018
These companies and foundations have generously contributed to make the scholarship program possible. Their support provides an opportunity in the education and training objectives of residents and fellows to enhance their careers. The Current Concepts Foundation appreciates these contributors for their generosity and commitment to orthopaedic education to award over 300 scholarships since 2005.
Cameron Orthopedic Foundation
Darling Family Foundation
Smith & Nephew
Wright Medical Technology
7. User Obligations. You warrant that you will abide by all applicable local, state, national and international laws and regulations with respect to your use of this Website and not interfere with the use and enjoyment of this Website by other users or with CCF’s operation and management of this Website. You will, at all times, provide true, accurate, current, authorized, and complete information when submitting information or materials on this Website, including, without limitation, information required to be provided through a registration form. If any false, inaccurate, untrue, unauthorized or incomplete information is submitted by you, CCF reserves the right to terminate your access and use of this Website. You warrant that you will not impersonate any other person or entity, whether actual or fictitious, when using this Website, or defame or otherwise harm any party, including CCF, through your use of this Website.
8. Proprietary Rights. The content of this Website includes, without limitation, (i) Current Concepts Foundation’s trademarks, service marks, logos, brands, and brand names, trade dress and trade names and other distinctive identification (collectively “Current Concepts Foundation Marks”); and (ii) information, data, materials, interfaces, computer code, databases, products, services, software applications and tools, text, images, photographs, audio and video material, and artwork, and (iii) the design, structure, selection, compilation, assembly, coordination, expression, functionalities, applications, look and feel, and arrangement of any content contained in or available through this Website (the items identified in subsections (i) (ii) and (iii) shall be collectively referred to herein as “Current Concepts Foundation Content”). Current Concepts Foundation Content is the property of Current Concepts Foundation and is protected by law including, but not limited to, United States copyright, trade secret, patent, and trademark law, as well as other state, national and international laws, treaties and regulations. The reproduction, transmission, distribution, sale, publication, broadcast, circulation or dissemination of any Current Concepts Foundation Content by you, or by you through any other person or entity, is prohibited unless express written consent is separately obtained from Current Concepts Foundation or the owner of such content if Current Concepts Foundation is not the owner. Any use of Current Concepts Foundation Marks without Current Concepts Foundation’s express written consent is strictly prohibited. You may not alter, delete, obscure or conceal any copyright or other notices appearing in the Current Concepts Foundation Content, including any such notices appearing on any Current Concepts Foundation Content you are permitted to download, transmit, display, print, or reproduce from this Website.
9. Responsibility for Use of the Internet and this Website. Use of the Internet and this Website is solely at your risk and is subject to all applicable local, state, national and international laws and regulations. CCF does not guarantee the confidentiality or security of any communication or other material transmitted to or from this Website over the Internet or other communication network. CCF shall not be obligated to correct or update this Website or the Current Concepts Foundation Content and CCF shall not be liable for omissions, typographical errors, or out-of-date information which may appear on this Website.
10. Third Party Information. This Website may feature materials, information, products, and services provided by third parties. Any such information, including but not limited to articles, press clippings, opinions, advice, statements, services, offers or other information made available by third parties such as content providers and other users of this Website are those of the respective third party and not of CCF or its affiliates. CCF makes no representation with respect to, nor does it guarantee or endorse, the quality, non-infringement, accuracy, completeness, timeliness, or reliability of such third party materials, information, services or products.
11. Links to Third Party Websites. This Website may provide links (including any link through an on-line banner advertisement) to other sites on the Internet for your convenience. These other websites are maintained by third parties over which CCF exercises no control. The appearance of any such third party link is not intended to endorse any particular company or product. If you decide to access any of the third party sites linked to this Website, you do so entirely at your own risk.
12. Links to this Website and the Current Concepts Foundation Content. Links posted by third parties to this Website and/or any Current Concepts Foundation Content may not use the Current Concepts Foundation trademark or logo and shall not suggest that CCF promotes or otherwise endorses any third party products, business relationships, services, causes, campaigns, websites, content, or information. Any links to any portion of this Website shall be the responsibility of the linking party. CCF reserves the right to require any linking party to disable or remove any link that violates Current Concepts Foundation’s rights or causes interruption or deterioration of the Current Concepts Foundation Content.
13. Warranties Disclaimed. THIS WEBSITE AND ITS CONTENT ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE.” NEITHER CURRENT CONCEPTS FOUNDATION, ITS AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS, OR TRUSTEES NOR ANY OF ITS AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES, SUPPLIERS, ADVERTISERS, PROMOTIONAL PARTNERS, OR LICENSORS (COLLECTIVELY “CURRENT CONCEPTS FOUNDATION PARTIES”) PROVIDE ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY THAT (i) THIS WEBSITE OR ITS CONTENT, OR ANY RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED BY YOU, ARE COMPLETE, ACCURATE, RELIABLE OR NON-INFRINGING; (ii) ACCESS TO THIS WEBSITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR FREE; (iii) THE QUALITY OF ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, INFORMATION OR OTHER MATERIAL PURCHASED OR OBTAINED BY YOU THROUGH THIS WEBSITE WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS; OR (iv) THE CONTENT WILL REMAIN UNCHANGED OR ACCESSIBLE ON THIS WEBSITE. ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, ARE DISCLAIMED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND/OR NON-INFRINGEMENT OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY.
15. Exclusions permitted by law. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OR THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR LOSS OR DAMAGE CAUSED BY NEGLIGENCE, BREACH OF CONTRACT OR BREACH OF IMPLIED TERMS, OR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. ACCORDINGLY, ONLY THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS IN SECTIONS 13 AND 14 WHICH ARE LAWFUL IN YOUR JURISDICTION WILL APPLY TO YOU AND CURRENT CONCEPTS FOUNDATION’S LIABILITY WILL BE LIMITED TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
Neither party consents or agrees to any arbitration on a class or representative basis, and the arbitrator shall have no authority to proceed with an arbitration on a class or representative basis. No arbitration will be consolidated with any other arbitration proceeding without the consent of all parties. Any claim or controversy as to the enforceability of this arbitration provision’s restriction on your right to participate in or pursue a class action or classwide arbitration shall be brought only in the United States District Court for the Northern District of Ohio or any State of Ohio court located in Cuyahoga County, Ohio.
23. Statute of Limitations. Regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or cause of action arising out of or related to your use of this Website must be filed by you within one (1) year after such claim or cause of action arose or be forever barred.
Last updated: June 18, 2018
In general, you can visit this Website without telling us who you are or revealing any information about yourself. When you visit our Website, our web servers collect the name of the domain you used to access the Internet, which pages on our Website you visited and when they were visited, your Internet browser type and platform, the link that brought you to our Website and any links clicked within our Website, mostly in the form of cookies. This information may be used by us, our service providers, affiliates and business partners to measure the number of visits, average time spent, page views and other statistics about visitors to our Website. We also use this data to monitor Website performance and make the Website easier and more convenient to use. Although you may set a Do Not Track signal to be sent from your web browser when you visit our Website, we are not currently able to honor your request automatically. You would need to manually opt out of Performance cookies (described below) to have the same effect.
Strictly Necessary Cookies (Always Active)
These cookies are necessary for this Website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you which amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some parts of the site will not then work. These cookies do not store any personally identifiable information.
Performance Cookies (Currently Active) Opt out
Performance cookies allow the server to determine when your computer visits the Website again in order to track statistical information about navigation to and throughout certain areas of our Website (i.e., Google Analytics). This cookie is not used to obtain your name or any personal data, and the information that is tracked is used only for internal purposes, to improve Website navigation and measure the effectiveness of our Website, and is not shared with anyone other than contractors who assist CCF in these efforts and who are bound to confidentiality. If you prefer not to accept cookies, you can set your browser to reject them or to alert you before one is placed. However, if you opt out and do not allow these cookies, we will not know when you have visited our Website, and will not be able to monitor its performance.
In addition, there are portions of this Website where we may need to collect personally identifiable information about you, if you choose to complete an application for a scholarship opportunity. This personally identifiable information may include your address, phone number, and other information. The scholarship program(s) that you apply for will determine the personal information that is collected.
USE OF COLLECTED INFORMATION
CCF does not sell, transfer or disclose personal information to third parties. Once collected, we may use your personal information for the following purposes:
• Review the application(s) you have submitted for scholarship eligibility
• Process, fulfill and follow-up on your application(s)
• Answer your emails or on-line requests
• Send information you request
• Deliver newsletters and scholarship updates
• Notify you about new products/services, special offers and other information that may be relevant to your use of our Website
CCF reserves the right to use or disclose any information as needed to satisfy any law, regulation or legal request, to protect the integrity of the Website, to fulfill your requests, or to cooperate in any law enforcement investigation or an investigation on a matter of public safety.
Further, CCF will retain information we collect from you where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so, for example, to comply with applicable legal, tax, or accounting requirements.
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize it or, if this is not possible, then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
OUR SECURITY PROCEDURES
If you have any questions about the security of your personal information, please contact us at info@CurrentConcepts.org.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
UPDATES TO THIS POLICY
Last updated: June 18, 2018